If walls could speak....

This is a personal blog regarding my own views and experience. Primarily to mirror myself in time. You are welcomed to read, but you may need more insight to understand whats in here. Life can Push us around, it can also play you around. We all have difficulties in life, but some time its best to reflect on what we ourselves has gone through to understand the magnitude of our journey in this short life. Enjoy! :)

Monday, July 21, 2008

"Drive your History, Don't let History Drive You!"

Ahhh today's post is a short and simple one. I wanted to write this for a long time. Esp after the fuel hike, fuel has been quite a problem to many of us. Most of us are turning green, in order to put some greens into our pockets. But me? Well I choose to take a different view of the situation by looking back at the "Carts" I have driven in my short life. The first thing I had the pleasure of driving was the all too famous "Kancil". It was from the driving school, and I learned what can and cannot be done with a car. Nothing cool, but it was the first 4 wheels that I was given to drive. Thankfully I avoided any type of collision until I was given the task to drive my first 2 doors sports car, the "Satria Merah".
This car, has been really helpful in transporting my friends in UM. Here and there, any one I see walking towards Kolej 11, I would give them a lift, as long as I had space to spare. It was a basic 1.3 cc NA engine. Really nice car. I have had two accidents with this car. One was really-really stupid, I'll admit. I wanted to kill a mosquito and as I was smacking the window on my right, I felt like I smack the window too hard which caused a bump. It happend that the car slipped and hit the van infront. I went out, an looked, there was no scar or damage and I got out of it with out paying a cent. Lucky me.
The next one, I was hit from behind as I was coming out of the junction at Kolej 11. The student who hit me was pale when I stare at him, I could see why. He had no sticker and he would be in big trouble if the accident was reported. Again... I went out and checked the car, no visible scarrs so we went home free.
As I got to Japan, The fist car that I drove was a small car much like the "Kancil" used for sending newspapers in the morning. Then I was given the task to drive the communitie's estima. Then I drove Honda Civic aka bullet. Then from there there was one time I drove the mazda roadster. Thats when I had a taste for two seaters. They just feel different from driving other cars. I was also assigned to drive the serena a couple of times. Then the Honda Odessey. This type of van, I had about 3 different Odesseys driven in the short time I was in Japan. And then I also drove the Honda Fit. Small car but nice and decent interior. Hit about 140 km/h in the tunnel. But it wasn't my cup of tea.
After several attemps I finally got a chance to drive Honda Integra typeS. Nice lovely car. Its really cool, but I really wanted to taste the performance of TypeR. Then later I was the proud owner of a Toyota 1995 MR2 NA. Even with out the turbo, I can feel the car's performance. Made me wander about the turbo versions. Driving a car like the MR2 really make all the other car's driving experience like a walk in the park. The mid engine means its really easy to skid of the road if you aren't carefull. Its fun! Plus you have the best tight turns with that car. So after selling the car, I had one last experience in driving another Honda Civic, this time it was the newer version. And now Im back here driving my old saga, which I consider like driving a tank. Its metal shells protects me from other drivers who just knows that if they collide with me, my car wont scratch, but their shiny car will >:)
As we think back on what we have driven, we tend to see that people start with big cars and then get smaller. But unlike other people, I have the experience to drive some of the best cars, while I had the chance to. So when your thinking of the fuel cost, just remember the fuel is going to get expensive. Thus lowering your odds to drive a bigger car in the future.
My advice is... Don't think about the fuel! Just drive and enjoy the adventure!
So below is a summary of the cars I have driven:

Kancil
Kelisa
Mira
Satria
Saga
Waja
Wira
Odessey
Estima
Serena
Fit/Jazz
Civic
Roadster
Integra Type-S
MR2 NA & Turbo

Those were the cars that I have driven, I haven't listed out the cars I ride along the way, some include the powerful turbo Subaru WRX, Nissan 15, and others but I just can't remember.

I have also been on other vehicles, including flying a glider and steering a sailboat. So in short you can say I have completed the Sea, Air and Land (SEAL) driving experience! Weee Hoo!
Wonder what type of vehicles I get to drive next?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home